Thursday, June 7, 2012

Zakka Organizer


My sewing machine was delivered this afternoon, and suddenly my world makes sense again... Actually, last night I finally started working on Erin's Hand Pieced Quilt-a-Long after procrastinating for so long. It's a wonderfully relaxing thing to stitch away at these little blocks, and I'm having fun pulling from my scraps for each one. But more on that tomorrow. For today, I'm back on the Zakka wagon after falling off last week, and I'm so happy with how this little zip organizer turned out.


Most of the fabric is from a Ruby Star Shining panel by Melody Miller, and I'm only sorry that some of her gorgeous designs are covered up by the pockets. I also threw in a bit of grey linen and some Town News in cream from the Hometown collection by Sweetwater (still loving that print -- it goes with everything). I'm so glad to finally have one of those darling typewriters on something I can use every day. The inside turned out a little busier than I expected, but that's okay. It's good to have a little color in my life.


Definitely check out the tips that Krista offered in her pattern review on Monday. I, of course, read the tips and promptly forgot them, leading to a little one-on-one time with my seam ripper...


Also be sure to check out the great Let's Get Acquainted Blog Hop posts by Taryn and Em today. They're both such sweet ladies, and they have wonderful tutorials to share!

Linking up to the Zakka Along and TNT Thursday.

9 comments:

  1. oh this turned out SO cute - love your fabric choices for sure! I like that you added zipper tabs too - nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, that organizer looks wonderful. I love all the fabric you chose. Way to go, girl! I've fallen off the Zakka Style bandwagon a while ago and I'm hoping to get back on this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Covet covet covet...that looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear your machine is back. The organizer looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heidi...this is a great organiser that I would be proud to pull out of my bag at the cash register.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this fabric!!! So funky x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your projects are so pretty. They may even inspire me to try "zakka" although I've never sewn a zipper! I found your blog through Plum and June's blog hop:).

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...