Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Laguna Beach Mini Tote

Laguna Beach Mini Tote by Fabric Mutt featuring Etno for Art Gallery Fabrics

For our first wedding anniversary eight years ago, my husband took me to Laguna Beach, a beautiful little beach town about halfway between L.A. and San Diego. At the time, I was seven months pregnant with our oldest daughter, so putting on a swimsuit and heading for the sand was not really on my agenda. Instead, James and I spent many peaceful hours drifting through the dozens of shops and galleries that line the sidewalks there. Those memories came flooding back when I saw Pat Bravo's lovely new Etno collection for Art Gallery Fabrics. The collection was originally designed to showcase both ethnic and artistic elements, both of which are so present in Laguna's thriving art community, and the colors immediately reminded me of sand and surf. I had a wonderful time taking the prints that AGF sent me and turning them into a miniature version of a beach tote, just perfect for a day of window shopping at Laguna Beach.

Laguna Beach Mini Tote by Fabric Mutt featuring Etno by Art Gallery Fabrics

For the bag exterior, I paired leather yarn dyed Essex linen with the Looming Love in Pastel, a print which reminds me so much of a wash of watercolors on canvas. The bag is lined with Sauvage Sky in Arctic, and I added an inner pocket from Shore Remains in Trinkets. Cream colored strands of rope make sturdy handles and complement the bag's beach theme.

This little tote turned out even better than I hoped it would, and I think it's going to make a fabulous spring bag. Now I just need to find a way to sneak off to Laguna for some girl time...

3 comments:

  1. So cute. Where can I find the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful memories Heidi, and a lovely bag. I must say I think I am drawn to the lining fabric the most for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and you are right...it does remind me of sand and surf. Can I come along to Laguna Beach with you? Pretty please!

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...