Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Sewing Machine Accessory Pouch Tutorial


I have another tutorial over at the Fat Quarter Shop blog today. The Sewing Machine Accessory Pouch is the perfect spot to keep your sewing machine tools, accessories, and manual so that you can find everything when you need it. The featured sample above was sewn with Chestnut Street fabric by Fig Tree Quilts for Moda. I love that text print in the background!


Here's my first prototype, made with scraps from my own stash. I made the bottom corners round in this version, but otherwise it's the same. It's always fun to see how different prints change the look of things.

This would also make a great pouch for hand quilting or embroidery projects. A hoop is easily tucked into the outside pocket while your tools go inside the zipper pocket.

Head over to the FQS blog for the pattern!

6 comments:

  1. Love this pouch with the back pocket! Thank you for sharing the tutorial over at the Fat Quarter Blog. (Will you ever be sharing the cute telephone wall hanging you did for Quilt Market? :) - I found some Telephone fabric that would fit perfect for the backing)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I'm headed over for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this tutorial and just finished my little pouch! It turned out so cute ~ can't share it on Instagram yet because it's for a secret swap with my guild. Thank you, you make the best tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your projects are always so cute and this is no exception. I'm planning on making this right away! Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...